Accommodations Near Whitewater Challengers in the Poconos
You can camp at our Lehigh River Adventure Center…or choose from a nearby places to stay in the Poconos: hotel, cabin rental, or campground. Nearby pet lodging and day care is also available. Here are a few recommendations…
Book a Stay and Raft Package at the following locations:
Comfort Inn (website)
(570) 443-8461 or 1-800-443-4049
Distance to our rafting / adventure center: 20 minutes.
On Rt 940 at I-80 exit 277, or PA Turnpike exit 95.
123 rooms, exercise room, indoor pool.
Hilton Garden Inn (website)
Distance to our rafting/adventure center: 40 minutes
242 Highland Park Blvd. Wilkes Barre, PA
130 rooms, indoor pool, comp. Wii and games
Holiday Inn Wilkes-Barre East Mountain Inn (website)
Stay and Raft specials available to book online.
(570) 822-1011 or 800-528-1234
Distance to our rafting / adventure center: 40 minutes.
I-81 exit 170, on Rt 115 north, or PA Turnpike exit 105.
156 rooms, indoor pool, sauna, spa, exercise facilities, 2 restaurants.
Budget Inn and Suites – East Stroudsburg (website)
(570) 424-5451 or (800) 233-8144 320 Greentree Drive, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 Distance to our rafting / adventure center: 40 minutes.
Additional Nearby Hotels:
White Haven Area Hotels: 20 minutes
- Comfort Inn – (570) 443-8461 or (800)-443-4049 *Stay and Raft Packages available
- Holiday Inn Xpress – (570) 443-2100 or 1-800-HOLIDAY
Blakeslee Area Hotels: 30 minutes
- Sullivan Trail Motel – Phone: (570) 646-3535
Hazleton Area Hotels: 30 minutes
- Candlewood Suites Hazleton – Phone: (570) 459-1600
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites – Phone: (570) 443-0391
- Residence Inn Hazleton – Phone: (570) 455-9555 or toll-free (800) 331-3131
Wilkes-Barre Area Hotels: 40 minutes
- Hilton Garden Inn – (570) 820-8595 *Stay and Raft Packages available
- Holiday Inn Wilkes-Barre East Mountain Inn – (570) 822-1011 or 800-528-1234 *Stay and Raft Packages available
- Quality Inn and Suites – (570) 824-8901
- Fairfield Inn & Suites – (570) 208-4455
- Host Inn All Suites – Phone: (570) 270-4678
- The Woodlands Inn & Resort – (570) 824-9831 or 1-800-762-2222 or (outside PA) 1-800-556-2222
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham – (570) 970-3760 or (800)-337-0050
- Courtyard by Marriott – (570) 235-6700
- Holiday Inn Express – (570) 825-3838 or 888-HOLIDAY
Scranton Area Hotels: 50 minutes
Stroudsburg and Delaware Water Gap Area Hotels: 40-50 minutes
Just off Rt 940 at 20 River Drive, White Haven PA
Distance from our rafting center: 14 minutes (7 miles away)
Contact Lance & Lisa by phone at 267-242-0091 or by emailing Poconos Log Cabin.
Stay at a real log cabin right on the Lehigh River and Lehigh Gorge State Park & bike path – right where the rafters float down the rapids! Close to all Pocono attractions. Perfect for a vacation rental and/or Pocono bachelor party! Read our reviews here.
(570) 443-9532 (800) 443-7238 Distance from our rafting / adventure center: On Location! Open April – October. No pets or alcohol.
When choosing from places to stay in the Poconos, consider Whitewater Challengers Adventure Campground. There are hot showers, food service, recreation areas, a camp store and parking for all our guests. Our bicycle trips and our buses to the raft launching locations all leave from this location. Group campfires and scheduled entertainment on certain weekends add special memories to your Adventure Center visit. It should be noted that alcoholic beverages are not permitted in our camping areas and our quiet hours are strictly enforced.
Other camping opportunities in the local area are listed below. Call ahead for reservation information and individual campground policies.
Hickory Run State Park (website)
(570) 443-0400 Distance from our rafting / adventure center: 30 minutes. I-80 exit 274, Rt 534 east. Opens mid-April, no pets, no alcohol, campfires allowed.
Sandy Valley Campground (website)
(570) 636-0770 Distance from our rafting / adventure center: 20 minutes. I-80 exit 273, Rt 940 west, follow signs. Open year round, campfires allowed.
Peaceful Woodlands Family Campground (website)
(570) 646-9255 Distance from our rafting / adventure center: 30 minutes. I-80 exit 284, Rt 115 south. Open year round, no large groups, campfires allowed.
The Pocono Pet Lodge and Day Spa (website)
White Haven Veterinary Hospital – HC1 Box 10B Route 940, White Haven, PA 18661
Offering personalized care including medical needs. Indoor/outdoor dog runs and kitty cabins available. Scheduled playtimes in a spacious play area. Dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, and other small mammals welcome.